Spicers Workplace Values
Spicers Singapore encourages our employees to be involved in our various CSR activities, part of our continuous emphasis on sparing a thought for our less fortunate brothers and in cultivating a culture of caring in our workplace.
Apart from our charitable works, Spicers Singapore truly puts our employees’ welfare ahead. We are a signatory to the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices to prevent discrimination in the workplace and to uphold the principles of fair employment. Our staff also participates in an annual corporate web-based training programme related to the Anti-Competition Act to encourage fair trading practices and business ethics.
Here are some of our other programmes that cater to the welfare of our employees:
- Continuous relevant training provided to all employees, from forklift training to customer service and technical training.
- Financial and other means of support for promising employees who wish to further their studies
- Enhancing capabilities and sales through relevant presentations that improve product knowledge
- Mill visits to increase employee awareness and knowledge
- Internal promotions and opportunities for career enhancements.
- The Harvard Management Mentor Programme – To cultivate their knowledge on work ethics, staff were also encouraged to sign up for some online courses spanning several business and organisation culture topics that were hosted by The Harvard University. At the end of the period, those who participated were awarded certificates for their effort.